Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Faith That Endures

Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.  John 16:22

Today my heart is very heavy.  It seems like our world is coming apart at the seams.  Families are struggling to make ends meet, broken relationships between parents and children, people are unemployed, people are going without medical attention they need because they simply cannot afford it.  Then we have the senseless bombing in Boston that takes innocence lives all because someone is upset about something or wants to make a statement about their beliefs.  Why do those that are upset feel the need to take innocent lives?  Are they so unhappy on this planet that God in all His infinite wisdom blessed us with?  There have been so many senseless and cowardly attacks that take innocent lives around the world.  Why?  I just don't understand. 

My prayer today is for all those affected by yesterdays bombing.  My heart goes out to the families of those who lives were lost and to those still fighting the battle.  My heart goes out to all who witnessed this horrible tragedy.  My heart goes out to the first responders, the medical personnel, who see the damage these senseless acts cause.  I pray that God will heal our nation and bring us back to the principles this great country was founded on. Amen

CarolSue, a great lady and friend, stated this morning "We don't always have to have strong faith, we just have to have faith that endures. We get tired at times, our faith gets wobbly, fades in & out...but we can't give up on faith. I like that."  So let's all stay focused on our Lord and Savior, for His strength will carry us through. The song I want to share today says that very thing.

Taller Than Trees
by Johnny Cash


On your knees you are taller than trees
You can look over heartaches and pain
When my faith is gone to my knees
I will go, growing stronger and taller than trees

One night is was a long time ago now
I knelt at my mother's knee
And she said, "Son lift up your eyes to him in the skies
And you'll grow like the mighty oaks
But you son, created in the image of God
Can become taller, even taller than the tallest of trees."

And this was the answer I felt
as down at her knees I knelt

"On your knees you are taller than trees
You can look over all your heartaches
And son you can look over all your pains."

When my faith is gone to my knees
I will go, growing stronger and taller than trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment