Thursday, April 25, 2013

Beside Still Waters

 
Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.


This is a photo of a Thomas Kinkaid painting my sweetie gave me the summer of 2002.  This painting has a calming and soothing affect on me.  When I look at this painting I know that my loved ones that have gone on to reside with our Heavenly Father are enjoying those still waters that David talked about in Psalm 23. 

I have a little book entitled Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller.  Mr. Keller breaks down each verse of this scripture.  He says in his book, "He (the Good Shepherd) knows where the still, quiet, deep, clean, pure water is to be found that alone can satisfy His sheep and keep them fit and strong."

So when you are thirsty and weak spend some quiet time with God, meditate upon His word and He will lead you by the still waters refreshing your soul.

He Leadeth Me
by Joseph H. Gilmore, 1862
 
He leadeth me! O blessed thought,
O words with heav'nly comfort fraught;
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
Still 'tis Christ's hand that leadeth me.
 
He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
 For by His hand He leadeth me.

,
Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, o'er troubled sea,
Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.
 
Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine,
Nor ever murmur or repine;
Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
 
And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict'ry's won,
E'en death's cold wave I will not flee
Since Thou in triumph leadest me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment