Friday, April 12, 2013

Blessed Assurance

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 
1 John 4:12

Today as you go about your daily routine let the love of God shine brightly so that all you come in contact with will see Jesus' radiance shining brightly through you and they will know and want what you have; the unconditional love of God.

The following song was a favorite of my sister Linda.  Today she is celebrating her birthday in Heaven and I felt it appropriate to share.

Blessed Assurance
by Frances J. Crosby, 1873

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
 
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
 
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 
Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment