Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Daughter of a King

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  Galatians 2:20
 
I just finished reading "Dancing in the Arms of God - Discover Your Cinderella Story."  This book spoke to me on so many different levels as the author, Connie Neal, had gone through some things in her life that I myself have been through.  She told how she came to terms with what had happened, how she never lost sight of God's faithfulness and never gave up on her faithfulness to God.  O there were times that she wanted to give up and let go of everything, just as I have, but she kept pressing on and with God's strength she made it.  I to have crossed hurtles and with God's strength I made it over them with a few minor bruises.  I have discovered my Cinderella story and I pray that others will see Jesus living in me as they discover their own Cinderella story.
 
I am the daughter of the King of Kings and no one can take that away from me.
 
Lead Me To Calvary
by Jennie E. Hassey, 1921
 
King of my life, I crown Thee now,
Thine shall the glory be;
Lest I forget Thy thorn crowned brow,
Lead me to Calvary.
 
May I be willing, Lord, to bear
Daily my cross for Thee;
Even Thy cup of grief to share,
Thou hast borne all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment