Monday, February 11, 2013

There Is Sunshine

 
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.  2 Corinthians 4:6
 
As I sit here this morning wondering what to write about I glanced out the living room window and noticed rays of sunshine.  It is a cool 37 degrees but the sun is shining.  This sunshine reminded me that no matter how dark and gloomy my days may be that God's love, grace and mercy will always be shining down on me.
 
So today I choose not to let the cares of this world get me down but to walk in the sunshine of my loving Heavenly Father!
 
Sunshine In My Soul
by Eliza E. Hewitt, 1887
 
There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light.

Oh, there’s sunshine, blessed sunshine,
When the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.
 
There is music in my soul today,
A carol to my King;
And Jesus, listening, can hear
The songs I cannot sing.
 
There is springtime in my soul today,
For, when the Lord is near,
The dove of peace sings in my heart,
The flow’rs of grace appear.
 
There is gladness in my soul today,
And hope and praise and love,
For blessings which He gives me now,
For joys laid up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment