Tuesday, February 12, 2013

O Happy Day

 
I will come and proclaim Your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim Your righteous deeds, Yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, You have taught me,
and to this day I declare Your marvelous deeds.
Psalm 71:16-17
 
There is nothing like a big beautiful bouquet of white daisy flowers to perk a body up.  Add a few sterling silver roses and they are perfect.  They bring the sunshine indoors and freshen the air with their fragrance.
 
Do you remember the day you fully surrendered your life to God and breathed in His fragrance.  I do, it was August 5, 1973.  I had grown up in a Christian home, I attended church regularly and said I was a Christian but that day I totally surrendered my life to God.  Has my life been all hearts and roses since that day?  Absolutely not!  Will I still have problems and temptations?  Yes but with God at the center of my life no problem is insurmountable and I can live each rejoicing in the fact that I have eternal life with Him. That day I received the fragrance of Christ and it was like a breath of fresh air and I now have His sunshine in my soul.
 
O Happy Day
by Philip Doddridge, 1751
 
O happy day, that fixed my choice
On Thee, my Savior and my God!
Well may this glowing heart rejoice,
And tell its raptures all abroad.
 
Happy day, happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away!
He taught me how to watch and pray, and live rejoicing every day
Happy day, happy day, when Jesus washed my sins away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment