Friday, February 22, 2013

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

 
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Matthew 6:33-34
 
This weekend my sweetie and I are heading up to Castro Valley to spend some time with his best buddy Dan and his wife Robin. 
Gary and Dan were best buddies in high school and have a friendship that has lasted for over 60 years.  Not sure what is on the agenda for the weekend but I know we will have a grand time visiting and possibly a game of Mexican Train in there somewhere.  So now it is time to get up, get ready for a weekend of R & R with my sweetie and let God lead us in the direction He has for us this weekend.
 
I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
by Ira F. Stanphill, 1950
 
I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day:
I don't borrow from its sunshine, For its skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry over the future, For I know what Jesus said;
And today I'll walk beside Him, For He knows what is ahead.
 
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment