Saturday, February 2, 2013

I Know Who Holds Tomorrow

 
 
The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way.  When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong: because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24
 
As we travel through this life we will have good days and we will have bad days.  Hopefully the good days will out weigh the bad days.  I am so glad that I have Jesus to walk beside me every day for without Him I hate to think what the day might hold.  God's word tells me to live each day to its fullest and not to worry about tomorrow.  The other day in my devotion there was a sentence that really stood out to me, "When we worry we are telling God that our faith is gone and we know He can't handle whatever the situation is."  I am really trying not to worry about things.  When worry creeps into my thoughts I stop and say a prayer for whatever that worry is asking God to take it from me and give me peace.  Am I always successful?  No I'm not but I am getting better.
 
So let's each try to live each day to the fullest and give all those worries and cares to God.
 
I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
by Ira F. Stanphill
 
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.

I don't worry about my future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today He walks beside me,
For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment