Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mountains



If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  1 Corinthians 13:2

Without love I have nothing and I am nothing.  I can have all the faith in the world but if love is missing I cannot accomplish anything.  God's Word tells me I am to love my neighbor as I love myself.  What?  How can I love myself when at times I can't stand myself and the things I say or do.   How can I love a person that puts themselves on a higher plane than others?  How can I love a person that has abused their child, their spouse and others?  How am I supposed to love someone that has taken the life of another?  How???  With the love of God that is how.  

God loves me no matter what I have done and He has forgiven me.  If I love others like God loves me then I can forgive them as He has already forgiven much of me.  In Matthew 19:26 His Word tells me, Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  His love is what moves the mountains that we put up between ourselves and others.  So get beyond yourself, forgive others, and love them with the love of Christ that God has placed in you.

Father God thank you for loving me so much that you gave your Son for me for His blood cleansed me and made me whole.  Father God help me to love others with that same love, to see beyond all the hurts, habits and hang-ups and to love with an unconditional love.  Amen

Instead of praying that mountains be removed,
let's pray for the courage to climb them.
Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment