Monday, January 5, 2015

He Who Began

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

This past weekend as we put away all the Christmas things we cleaned each room as we put them back to normal.  Since we did all the cleaning over the weekend it has been a quiet relaxing day here at our house with each of us doing whatever we wanted to do.

Even though things are as they should be now it seems like there is always something to do and our work is not finished.  It is the same with us as God continues to work in each of our lives.  The day we accept Christ as our Savior doesn't mean that everything is now all hunky dory and we no longer need to do anything.  Just as when we were babies our Mommas took care of us and taught us the things we needed to know we are babes in Christ.  We will grow and mature in Christ as we follow His teachings.  How do we do this?  By reading and studying His Word and by applying it to our daily lives.  We no longer live as we used to but by the example Christ set so that others will see Him living in use.  

I don't know about you but I am so glad that Christ is not finished with me yet for I am a work in progress and will be until the day He calls me home.

Father God thank you for Your Son, Your Son that so willing came to earth and set the example of how I should live.  Father God thank you for the many blessings you have blessed our family with and for the blessings that are to come.  Father God thank you for the mercy and grace you grant me each day as I strive to follow the example Your Son set for me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment