Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Time For Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

Thirty-one years ago today my sweet Momma left her earthly home for her heavenly home.  There are times when I miss her so much that I find myself picking up the phone to call her just to chat for a while and then I remember I can't.  You see there are no phones in heaven.  But you know what?  I have a direct line to heaven through Jesus Christ.  I can tell Jesus what I want to say to my Momma and I feel that He will pass my message on to her.  

Father God thank you for my loving Savior Jesus Christ.  Father God thank you for blessing my life with a loving Momma.  Father God thank you for all the wonderful memories I have of my Momma.  Father God thank you for taking my Momma's pain away and giving her a perfect body.  Father God thank you for always being there for me, even during the times that I forget to praise you for the many blessings you have given me.  Amen

Time is a very precious gift from God;
so precious that it's only given to us moment by moment.
Amelia Barr  

No comments:

Post a Comment