Friday, January 2, 2015

He Is Near

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. 
James 4:8

Today has been a busy day around here, even though I did sleep in this morning.  Once up and moving I decided it was time to get the Christmas decorations put away and that took me all day.  I was exhausted by the time it was all back in the garage and I realized that my patience was wearing thin with everything.  My sweetie took one look at me and ask me to sit and rest a while which I happily complied with.  He then said, "I know that you are exhausted so why don't we go out to dinner."  Well let me tell you he didn't have to ask twice.  Since I was still in my pajamas I quickly cleaned up a bit, didn't want to embarrass him to much, and we headed out for dinner to one of our favorite places here in our small town, Country Cafe.  Well the first thing I ordered was a hot cup of coffee while we sat and relaxed a bit.  Of all the yummy things they have on their menu a hamburger and fries was calling my name and we finished up with Apple Pie Ala Mode.

So just when you have reached the end of your rope and you wonder if any one cares how tired you are God is there waiting.  It is then that you realize that He has been near you all day giving you the strength to accomplish the things that need to be done.  

Father God thank you for being there, for giving me the strength to accomplish the tasks set before me.  Amen

"Have confidence in God's mercy, for when you think He is a long way from you, He is often quite near."
Thomas A. Kempis

No comments:

Post a Comment