Monday, March 24, 2014

All Things


Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Matthew 6:33

How many times do we go to God and pray about something we want?  I find that when I don't go to Him it is most likely because I want like His answer.  What I am wanting is probably not a necessity and something I don't really need but I want it.  We are all like little children when it comes to wanting and not getting as we throw our little tantrum.  We try to justify our wants by saying but I work hard and I deserve a reward.  So we don't pray about it, we just go out and do it and then wonder why we can't make ends meet.

If we would only seek God first we will find that we will receive more blessings (rewards) than we could ever possibly imagine.  When we put Him first in our lives we will find that we are not only able to meet our obligations but will have some left over to be generous to others around us and to do some of the things we want to do.  Our God is a generous God and will always meet our needs.  All we have to do is put Him first, have faith and trust Him to have our best interests at heart.

Take My Life And Let It Be
by Frances R. Havergal, 1874

Take my life, and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.





No comments:

Post a Comment