Monday, March 17, 2014

Kindness & Forgiveness

Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ.  Ephesians 4:32

Oh this one is tough for me.  When someone is unkind or has hurt me the one thing I don't want to do is to be kind to them much less forgive them.  I want to strike back, I want to hurt them, I want to make them pay for what they did and the hurt they have caused.  Why should I forgive them when they aren't sorry one bit for the lives they destroyed.  But forgive I must just as God has forgiven me.  It isn't easy but by trusting God and living one moment, one day at a time I will be able to. 

Bringing In The Sheaves
by Knowles Shaw, 1874

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness,
Sowing in the noontide and the dewy ever;
Waiting for the harvest, and the time of reaping,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Sowing in the sunshine, sowing in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter's chilling breeze;
By and by the harvest, and the labor ended,
We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment