Saturday, March 22, 2014

Awesome Day of Celebration


From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised.  Psalm 113:3

Today has been an absolute fantastic day.  My day started this morning with a group of us girls heading to the Vancouver Farmers Market.  Of course our first stop of the day was Starbucks for a latte and breakfast sandwich, the latte to keep us warm and the sandwich to fill our tummies.  It was also a very special day for us as we were celebrating my baby girl's birthday, Marianne's birthday was actually yesterday and the celebration started then.  So we left Starbucks and made our way into the farmer's market where there was lots of goodies to be had.  The first purchase made was by Tiffany and it was a baker's dozen of assorted cookies for all of us to share.  So we made our way through the market stopping and sampling things as we went along.  I think I made the second purchase and that was two Lemon Cypress shrubs for our front porch, we have these two urns and have been looking for the right plants to put in them.  
 

 

The shopping continued and purchases of flavored olive oil, pictures, granola, salami, and one of the vendors gave Marianne a lettuce plant for her birthday.  It was now time for us to make our way out of the market for the next phase of Marianne's celebration.  So we said bye to the ladies and headed back to Marianne's place to pick up Stephen and then to our place in Ridgefield.

My sweetie and I had something special planned for our baby girl's birthday, afternoon tea at Myrtle's Tea House.  Since we were running late and did not want to miss our reservations I called my sweetie and asked him to meet us there.  Awbrey and Stephen knew where we were heading but Marianne had no idea until we were there.  My sweetie was already there and had everything organized for us. 

 
After the tea we headed to our place for a time of relaxation, hanging out together and decided to take a walk and walk off some of those calories we had taken in today.  As we were walking this shrub caught my eye and I am not really sure what it is.

     
Today was very special for me and my sweetie too.  It was the first time in five years that we were able to be here and actually celebrate our baby girl's birthday.  God has blessed our lives so abundantly through the years and we now live twenty minutes from our baby girl and her family.  Thank you Father for your infinite mercy, you love and for the blessing you continue to pour out on our family daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment