Tuesday, March 18, 2014

So Hard To Say Goodbye

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.  Psalm 91:11

Today I am leaning on God's strength.  This morning I received word that a very dear friend of mine is in her last days.  Helen is family to me.  She was there for me when my Mom went home to heaven and held me as I cried on those days when missing my Mom got the best of me.  She was there when our daughter Marianne and Stephen married making sure that everything ran smoothly.  She was there when our sweet granddaughter Awbrey came into this world.  She has always Grandma Helen to us and we will miss her greatly.  I so would like to be with her now to tell her how much I love her and how much I will miss her but she is in California and I am here.


So Grandma Helen know that you are greatly loved and I wish you God's speed until we meet at heaven's gate.   Shelby is there with Jesus waiting to greet you and welcome you home.

In Heavenly Love Abiding
by Anna L. Waring, 1850

In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear.
And safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Wherever He may guide me, no want shall turn me back.
My Shepherd is beside me, and nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waking, His sight is never dim.
He knows the way He's taking, and I will walk with Him



No comments:

Post a Comment