Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunshine



For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lords bestows favor and honor.
Psalm 84:11-12

It has been a beautiful sun shiny day here in the city with the small town charm and it is a cool 91.2 degrees.  When it cools down a bit more my sweetie and I are heading to the back yard to finish some transplanting we started and got side tracked from.  Here are a few pictures I snapped of the back yard with the sun shining through.  Can you image how bright it would be out there if we didn't have trees and such to block part of the sunshine?  Can you image how bright Jesus' light would shine through us to others if we didn't let the every day cares of life get in the way?  Give those cares to God and let Jesus shine brightly through you!






 

BTW, I picked up some plants at the market, 2 columbines and a sun blaze rose, that they had on clearance for 99 cents each.  My sweetie and I will give them a little TLC and see what happens.
 
I love it when the two of us get dirt therapy together!
 
 
Sunshine In My Soul
by Eliza E. Hewitt, 1887
 
 
There is sunshine in my soul today,
More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my Light.
 
 
O there's sunshine, blessed sunshine,
When the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment