Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Faithfulness

 
Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.  Your faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 119:89
 
Growing up I remember my Mom telling us stories from the Bible.  My Mom did not drive but she always made sure we had a way to Sunday school and church so we could learn about Jesus.  It wasn't just someone to take us to church but to take us as a family.  She never would have dreamed of dropping us off and having someone come back later for us.  Going to church as a family is what my sweetie and I did too.  We went as a family to Sunday school and worship service and now our daughter is doing the same with her family.  When we visit with them in Vancouver WA we always attend church together as a family.  We have come to think of their church as our away from home church and love the people there just as much as we love those in our congregation here.
 
It is so vital to teach our children about God, His love, His mercy, and for them to place their faith and trust in Him and not in material things or things of this world.  We need to teach our children the stories from the Bible and how they can use the lessons learned in their lives today.  We need to go to church as a family, to learn about God together and His will for our lives.
 
Tell Me The Old, Old Story
by A. Katherine Hankey, 1866
 
Tell me the old, old story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
Tell me the story simply, as to a little child,
For I am weak and weary, and helpless and defiled.
 
Tell me the old, old story, tell me the old, old, story,
Tell me the old, old story, of Jesus and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment