Sunday, June 2, 2013

Garden Therapy

 
The sheep listen to His voice.  He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.  When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice. 
John 10:3-4
 
The past couple of days I have been spending time in the back yard transplanting some plants.  We were getting way to many Calla Lilys in the front so I decided to move some to the back flower beds.  Also one of my hydrangea plants wasn't doing well in a pot so we are in the process of moving it to the flower bed as well.  I think it is root bound and needs more nutrition which it will get, hopefully, in the flower bed and start producing those wonderful big flowers.
 
Working in the dirt is therapy for me, especially when I am feeling stressed or frustrated.  I find that when I spend a little time in the garden I get the chance to commune with God, one on one, and that stress and frustration melts away.  It is a chance to marvel at the wonders God created, a flower from a tiny seed, the earthworm that fertilizes the soil, the gentle breeze blowing through the trees, etc.  It is my time to spend time with God and be nurtured by Him.  Let Him turn your chaos into joy and spend some time with Him today.
 
In The Garden
C. Austin Miles, 1912
 
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me 
Within my heart is ringing.
 
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment