Friday, September 23, 2011

The Wrong Bus

Have you ever felt like you were on the wrong bus heading in the wrong direction?  I had the strangest dream last night.  I dreamt that I was on a bus and I was totally confused as it turned out to be the wrong bus.  I told myself that I would ride it to the end and then catch the bus that would take me back to where I started.  But then I decided to call Gary to see where he was and if he could come and get me.  Then I became even more confused as the person on the other end of the phone kept telling me that my cell phone number had never been issued and wanted to know how I came to have this number.  I then woke up.  

As I was walking this morning I kept thinking about this very strange dream.  How many times do we get on the wrong bus as we go about our daily routines?  We go in one direction when God is telling us to go in another.  We want control of situations and we want to solve the problems that come our way without help from anyone.  We can really mess things up.  Finally we decide to turn them over to God and go in the direction He was leading us in all along.  If only we weren't so stubborn.  If only we didn't have to have things our way.  If only we would listen to our Heavenly Father our lives would be so much better.

Psalm 25:4-7
Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth
and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you, LORD, are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment