Thursday, September 15, 2011

His Still Small Voice


Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12

Sometimes we don't understand why things happen and why the circumstances we find ourselves in are the way they are.  We try and try to figure out why things keep happening and then we finally turn to God and ask the same question.  Why?  Maybe, just maybe, we should be relying on God more instead of trying to figure things out on our own.  Maybe we should be spending more time in God's Word and time in prayer communicating with Him on a daily basis.  Maybe we should just be quiet and listen to His still small voice.  Marianne, my daughter, wrote something similar to this on her blog earlier this week and it made me stop and think that I need to get self out of the way and spend more quiet time with God.  She inspired me!  So I am walking my 2 miles every morning and I am spending that time communicating with God and then listening to His still small voice as He communicates what He wants me to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment