Saturday, September 3, 2011

Have You Ever Felt alone?


Have you ever felt alone in a crowd?


Although there are people all around you, you feel alone.  I have felt that way for most of my life.  I was the second of 4 children and I think that even then I felt alone.  As I grew into my teenage and adult years I was still alone.  I made mistakes in relationships as a result of not wanting to be alone and trying to please others.  As I grew I found out that I was never alone.  There was someone always with me.  All I had to do was acknowledge Him.   He was always there with me through the darkness with everything around me was falling apart.  When I was at my lowest He was there to pick me up and carry me through.  He will never leave me no matter what comes my way.  One of my favorite hymns is "In The Garden"  written by C. Austin Miles in 1912.  The words of this hymn speak to my soul and reminds me that with God as my Savior I am never alone.

In the Garden
I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
 And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.


1 comment:

  1. I have!!! Thanks for this post and reminding me that I am NEVER alone

    ReplyDelete