Monday, February 5, 2018

Remember The Sabbath


"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.  Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work."  Exodus 20:8-10

As a youngster growing up nothing was open on Sunday.  Sunday was a day of rest, a day to spend in worship with our Father and a day to spend with family.  I also remember waking up on those Sunday mornings to heavenly smells filling the house as Mom had gotten up early and started our Sunday meal.  The meal was left in the oven so it would be ready to eat when we got home from church, Mom and Dad always invited someone home for Sunday dinner.  I miss those days for now it seems we are so busy that we don't set aside Sunday as a day of rest much less invite someone to have Sunday dinner with us. 

So this next Sunday make the choice to spend some time with our Heavenly Father and your brothers and sisters in Christ.  Maybe, just maybe, invite someone home to have dinner with your family.

Family of God
by Bill & Gloria Gaither

I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family, The Family of God.

You will notice we say "brother and sister" around here,
Its because we're a family and these are so near;
When one has a heartache, we all share the tears,
And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear.

From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King,
No longer an outcast, a new song I sing;
From rags unto riches, from the weak to the strong,
I'm not worthy to be here, but praise God I belong!

I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family, the Family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment