Sunday, February 25, 2018

Quiet Rest


It is good to be near God.
Psalm 73:28

My sister has this wonderful place in her garden, a place where you can sit and relax in the quietness that surrounds you.  A place where you can sit on the bench and commune one on one with God as you take in the beauty of His Majesty.  This year my sweetie and I hope to establish a place like this in our yard.  A place where we can sit and listen to the still small quiet voice of our Heavenly Father.

Psalm 46:10 tell us "to be still and know that I am God."  If you are like me in this busy world we live in we don't always take the time to just sit and wait on God.  We come to Him and lay our needs before Him and not take the time for Him to speak to our heart, to listen to what path He would like for us to take as we journey through life.

Father God thank you for always being there for me and forgiving me when I don't take the time to listen to you.  Thank you Father God for the blessings of Your beauty I encounter on a daily basis.  Father God I ask that you draw me ever nearer your heart each day as you direct my path as I strive to walk the walk you have for me here on this earth.  Amen

Near To The Heart Of God
by Cleland B. McAfee

There is a place of quiet rest Near to the heart of God,
A place where sin cannot molest, Near to the heart of God.

There is a place of comfort sweet Near to the heart of God,
A place where we our Savior meet, Near to the heart of God.

There is a place of full release Near to the heart of God,
A place where all is joy and peace, Near to the heart of God.

O Jesus, blest Redeemer, Sent from the from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee Near to the heart of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment