Monday, February 26, 2018

Gardening With God


The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
John 20:20

I have gardening on the mind this week.  Our weather has been absolutely crazy.  We have been cooped up in the house, since we have had lots of snow and rain, that the prospect of getting out and digging in the dirt will be like therapy for me.  I can't wait to get my hands dirty!  This year my sweetie and I plan to build some raised gardening beds and actually plant a few vegetables and tomatoes.  I am also excited to get a start on my "secret garden", a place where I can have my morning coffee and spend some time with our Heavenly Father.  My memory garden really needs a lot of work this year as the winter has really taken a toll on it.  I can't wait to see the Lilacs come to life as all the miniature roses start to bloom in all their wonderful colors.  

Working in the garden is a special time for me as it gives me time to commune one on one with our Heavenly Father.  Seeing a area covered by weeds come alive with color is inspiring.  Makes me stop and think of how God removes all the weeds from my life and makes it beautiful.

Father God thank you for removing the weeds from my life.  Thank you for blessing me with a loving family that makes the garden of my life beautiful.  Amen

In the Garden
by C. Austin Miles

I come to the garden alone, 
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Tho the night around me be falling;
But He bids me go thru the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.


No comments:

Post a Comment