Saturday, February 24, 2018

Commandments or Suggestions


"You shall consecrate yourselves therefore and be holy, for I am the Lord your God.  And you shall keep My statutes and practice them; I am the Lord who sanctifies you..."
Leviticus 20:7-8

When God gave the written law to Moses they were craved in stone.  That means that we can not change them to suit us.  A lie is a lie and murder is murder.  We cannot justify what we do by rewriting God's Word, it just doesn't work that way.

I know we say that there is no way we can keep these commandments or suggestions as many like to refer to them.  Yes we can!  We keep them by placing our faith and trust in our heavenly Father just as Abraham, Issac, and Jacob did.  God has given each of a free will.  Jesus Christ paid the cost for our sin and our hope lies in that fact.  When we confess our sin to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us (1 John 1:9).  I choose to believe Christ.  I choose to ask for His forgiveness.  I choose to walk in His footsteps daily as I travel the path He has set before me.

Father God I know that my relationship with You is the only way I can keep your commandments.  Help me to relinquish control of my life and will to you.  Thank you Father God for sending Your Son to pay the price I could not pay.  Amen

Take Time To Be Holy
by William D. Longstaff

Take time to be holy, Speak often with God;
Find rest in Him always And feed on His Word.  
Make friends of God's children; Help those who are weak,
Forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.

Take time to be holy, The world rushes on;
Much time spend in secret With Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus, Like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.

Take time to be holy, Let Him by thy guide,
And run not before Him, Whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow, Still follow thy Lord,
And, looking to Jesus, Still trust in His Word.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment