Sunday, February 4, 2018

An Invitation To Dine


"The Kingdom of heaven may be compared to a kin, who gave a wedding feast for his son.  And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come."  Matthew 22:2-3

You have worked all day in the kitchen preparing a meal fit for a king only to have your guest cancel at the last minute.  Do you get a little angry?  If you are like me that answer would be yes.  Their excuse, if they have one, is feeble and carries little weight with you.

Imagine how God felt when He sent His Son to earth and invited all of us to attend the feast.  Those who accepted the invitation became part of the Church, the bride of Christ.  But there are many who have not accepted and offer feeble excuses.  

I am so glad I can say that I accepted the invitation and one day when Christ, the Bridegroom, returns I am ready to attend the banquet. Here on this earth I clothed in His righteousness but at the feat I will receive wedding clothes.

Father God You've invited me to dine with You.  Let me graciously accept my wedding clothes.

Is That Wedding Music I Hear?
by Ernie Haase & Signature Sound

Is that wedding music  I hear?
The bride's adorned and ready to appear
There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music that I hear?

The family is preparing for a wedding
All have been invited to attend
The bride is standing ready, waiting for the signal
When the Groom say, "Rise, my children, come on in"

Is that wedding music I hear?
The bride's adorned and ready to appear
There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music I hear?

Soon we'll rise to leave this land of sorrow
For that ceremony in the air
The Father then will lead us through the holy land of splendor
Have you made your preparation to go there?

There's Heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration
Is that wedding music
Oh, is that wedding music that I hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment