Friday, February 16, 2018

Morning Has Broken


Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
Psalm 57:8-9

Each day my Heavenly Father gives me a new chance.  A new chance to be what He knows I can be.  A new chance to do the things He has for me to do.  A new chance to live the life He has chose for me.

Father God thank you for loving me, even when I fall short.  Thank You for the new chance I receive each morning for Your mercy and grace are there for me.  Amen

Morning Has Broken
by Eleanor Farjeon

Morning has broken like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird.
Praise for the singing!  Praise for the morning!
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word!

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dew fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight!  Mine is the morning,
Born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God's recreation of the new day!




No comments:

Post a Comment