Thursday, February 15, 2018

Broken but Renewed



Yet you, Lord, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

Have you ever felt like you needed to take a step back from everything you were doing?  That is how I was feeling earlier this week.  I have taken a step back from ministry responsibilities as my heart just was not in them.  I felt God was saying to me, "you need to step back and re-evaluate the ministries you are involved in, are you doing these things for me or for you and others?"   So I have done that.  This past week I step down from ladies ministry, welcome team, accounting team and office ministry.  

I have been praying and seeking God's will for my life and I know He has a special ministry out there for me.  I so want to be like the broken pot above, that I will have cracks and God's presence can't help but flow through me so others will see Christ living in me.

Have Thine Own Way, Lord
by Adelaide A. Pollard

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me , I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!

Have Thine own way, Lord!  Have Thine own way!
Hold over my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment