Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Seeking Wisdom


When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.  Genesis 3:6

Why do we do things when we know we aren't supposed to do them?  Why do we seek the advice of family and friends when we are at a crossroads in our life?  Why do we not go to God and seek His guidance?  Why?  Because we live in this world is why.

Why can't we be like Solomon and ask God for His wisdom to do the right thing.  Again, because we live in this world where peer pressure is rampant.  We want to be one of the popular kids, go to parties and be included like every one else.  So when temptation comes along we follow the crowd.

Satan is no longer in the garden and he knows the vulnerable areas of our lives.  Surround yourself with friends that know God and His Word.  Seek God daily for his guidance, trust Him to lead you down the path He has for you, put your faith in Him.  Lean on God's strength and He will lead you through what ever temptations come your way.

My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Day by Day
by Carolina Sandell Berg

Day by day and with each passing moment, 
Strength I find to meet my trials here; 
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment
I've no cause for worry or for fear.  
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Power
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
As your days, your strength shall be in measure,
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Your promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Your holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
Ever to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.



No comments:

Post a Comment