Sunday, January 14, 2018

Life Goes On

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as an Eagle.  They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

If you are like me there are memories that are frozen in your memory.  You know exactly what you were doing, what you wearing when you got the call, the call you hoped to never get.  One of my memories frozen in time happened 34 years ago today.  I was watching the movie Cannery Row when I received a collect phone call from my little brother.  I remember talking with him and my Dad coming on the line telling me what had happened.  My Momma, 57 years old, had a blood clot hit her heart and had gone to her heavenly home.  I was devastated, what would I do without my Momma?

The next couple of months I walked around in a daze.  I no longer had my Saturday morning gab fest with my Momma on the phone as I had my coffee and she her Pepsi.  Life just wasn't the same.  I had a couple of dreams about Momma that I did not understand so I discussed them with my Pastor.  God had given me these dreams to let me know that my Momma was doing just fine and that she wanted the same for us kids.  You see in my dreams Momma was always there with her arms wrapped around us telling us everything was going to be okay.


The scripture above was one of my Momma's favorites and has since become my life text.  Momma taught us to spend time with God, to study His Word and to live our life as an example to others.  Life is not always a bed of roses and will throw hurtful things at me, my loved ones will pass on to their heavenly home but I choose to lean on the strength of my God to get me through the tough times.  For you see life doe go on...

Gentle Shepherd
by Gloria & William Gaither

Gentle Shepherd, come and lead us,
For we need You to help us find our way.
Gentle Shepherd, come and feed us,
For we need Your strength from day to day,
There's no other we can turn to
Who can help us face another day;
Gentle Shepherd, come and lead us,
For we need You to help us find our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment