Tuesday, January 2, 2018

In The Garden


So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.  Genesis 1:27

Have you ever really thought about how beautiful the garden must have been Adam and Eve spent their time in, where life began without sin.  The beautiful flowers and the heavenly fragrance that surrounded them.  The trees with all their beautiful foliage and all the bountiful fruit they could have their pick of except for one.  Then on that fateful day, in the garden, when they made the wrong choice and picked of  'tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and sin entered into the world.   As a result of their sin animals were sacrificed to cover their sin.

Fast forward and now we are in another garden, the Garden of Gethsemane, where Christ is praying and becomes the atonement for our sin.  He sacrificed His life on the cross to provide forgiveness of our sins.  He paid the debt for us and now we have access to God's presence within a spiritual garden of prayer.

In The Garden
Charles A. Miles, 1913

I come to the garden alone, 
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I'd stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.  

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own:
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment