Monday, January 22, 2018

A Lifeline In Any Storm



He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of the deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.
Psalm 18:16-18

Have you ever known a time when you were desperate?  A time when it seemed like everything around you was falling apart and even the ground you were standing on was unstable.  A time when it seemed like every dart Satan threw at you was hitting its mark dead center.  A time when you wondered God where are you, why aren't you here with me?

God was there standing right next to you.  He was taking far more hits than you were as He wrapped His arms of protection around you.  He was there but in your anguish you had stepped away from His presence.  Yesterday Pastor Steve's talked about the presence of God, how we come to Him with our long list of I wants and then leave before we have entered into His presence.
Growing up my Mom had this picture hanging in our breakfast nook and I saw it every day.  I never really paid that much attention to it but now every time I see this picture it speaks to my very soul,  Christ has His arms open wide welcoming us into His presence.  All we have to do is step into His embrace and let Him love on us.  He will rescue us from all those darts that Satan hurls at us.  Don't every doubt that Christ is with you, He is our lifeline in any storm, any crisis.  

Father God thank you for always being there for me.  Father God thank you for a loving Mom who taught me about you and your Son.  Father  help me to linger when I come to you, to feel your presence in all times, the good and the bad.  Father thank you for reaching down your hand and rescuing me from my enemies.  Thank you for guiding me and directing me down the path you have for me.  Thank you Father....  Amen

It Is Well With My Soul
by Horatio G. Spafford

When peace like a river attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul."

Though Satan should buffet, tho trials should come,
Let His blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin O, the bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight, 
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll, 
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
"Even so" it is well with my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment