Friday, May 27, 2016

Tis So Sweet...

But I will always trust in You and in Your mercy and shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because He has blessed me so richly.  Psalm 13:5-6

Our God is so awesome!!!  Wednesday afternoon I decided it was time, as I had been putting it off since last October, to get my Prevnar 13 pneumonia shot.  I was feeling good and this little voice kept telling me since you are going to be there anyway have the pharmacist give you your shot.  Well I did and was still feeling great.  My arm was a little sore but nothing I couldn't handle until yesterday morning.  I had gotten very little sleep as I just couldn't get comfortable so I tossed and turned all night with body aches.  Yesterday morning it hit me like a ton of bricks and I had every side affect, I have never had a reaction to vaccine, they tell you to watch out for; headache, body aches, nausea, sleepy, no appetite, temperature and my left arm felt like a ton bricks had fallen on it.

My sweetie said, "okay it is time for me to be your nurse" and proceeded to take care of me.  He called the doctor and pharmacist to report my condition and they both said the same thing, stay in bed, lots of rest, alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen to break the fever and for the body aches.  I pretty much slept yesterday away and my sweetie was a very good nurse.  Oh yeah the pharmacist was reporting my reaction to FDA.  Maybe I'll be famous.

Today I am feeling much better.  Oh I still ache a little and my arm is really sore but I can move today without feeling like every bone in my body is breaking. 

Which brings me to the scripture above.  I trusted what my doctor and pharmacist were telling me and what they were telling me to do.  Shouldn't we do the same with our Lord Jesus.  Oh the doctor and the pharmacist know me and care for me but they will never love me like our Lord Jesus does.  He tells us to trust Him, to ask Him for anything and He will grant it.  Well I know there were a lot of prayers going up for me yesterday, He did touch my body and for that I give Him all  glory, honor and praise.

I could have ignored the advice my doctor and pharmacist gave me but I chose not to.  I could ignore what Jesus asks of me but I choose not to.  I was on His mind when He was hanging on the cross as He died for my sins to give me a better life.  Please don't ignore what Jesus asks of you for He cares deeply for you and you were on His mind to.

Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
by Louisa M. R. Stead, 1882

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus says the Lord!"





No comments:

Post a Comment