Friday, May 20, 2016

All The Days...



Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 
Psalm 23:6

As I wander down the paths that are set before me each day have I ever really stopped and thought about what may be waiting at the end of those paths.  Will I have done what God asks me to do or will I have thought only of myself each step of the way.  Will I have shown kindness and mercy to all I meet or will I just brush off what happens along that particular path as of no consequence.  I pray I don't and that I will do what my Momma taught me to do.  She always said a stranger is just a friend you haven't met so treat others as you want to be treated and don't say anything about any body unless it is good.  My Momma was a sweet southern lady who never met a stranger and would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it more.  Momma I sure miss you but I thank you for the sacrifices you made as us kids were growing up.  You always put our needs ahead of your own and I pray I can be just like you.  Love you Momma...

Father God thank you for the goodness and love you have blessed my life with.  Thank you giving me a Godly Mother to instill in me your love and grace...  Amen

Surely Goodness and Mercy
by John W. Peterson and Alfred B. Smith

A pilgrim was I, and a wandering,
In the cold night of sin I did roam,
When Jesus the kind Shepherd found me,
And now I am on my way home.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment