Saturday, May 21, 2016

Give Your Best...



Whatever your task, put yourselves into it... since you know that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you serve the Lord Christ.  Colossians 3:23-24

Growing up my Momma always told us kids "it ain't no point in doing it at all unless you are doing it right."  When we don't do something right we might as well not do it at all because someone else has to come along behind us, clean up our mess  and then do the job/task we were assigned to do.

As I remember whenever we got together for family dinners I was always given the job of making the salad.  I hated making salads!!!  I don't know why I just did but I tackled the job and if I do say so myself I made a really good salad. 

Just because we don't like to do whatever job is given to us doesn't mean we slack off and do a poor job but we do the best we can.

What it boils down to is this, always do the best job you can with whatever job/task that is set before you for God will equip you with the knowledge and strength you need to get the job done.

Father God thank you for the strength you give me daily to accomplish the tasks set before me even when I don't like them.  Father God help me to always do the best I can and to not grow weary doing what I can to spread the good news of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Amen

Give Of Your Best To The Master
by Howard B. Grose, 1902

Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth.
Throw your soul's fresh, glowing ardor
Into the battle for truth.
Jesus has set the example,
Dauntless was He, young and brave.
Give Him your loyal devotion;
Give Him the best that you have.

Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth.
Clad in salvation's full armor,
Join in the battle for truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment