Monday, January 13, 2014

Storms of Life



 When He got into the boat, His disciples followed Him.  And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being covered with the waves; but Jesus Himself was asleep.  And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, “Save us, Lord; we are perishing!”  Matthew 8:23-25

Have you ever been driving through a storm with rain so heavy you can barely see the road?  You know you need to get to safety but there is no where to pull off to get out of the mess.  The storms of life are like this.  They come at you and you have no idea how you will survive and make it through.  Your life is shattered into a million pieces and you don't know how to put it all together again.  We are like the disciples and feel there is no way out.  We feel like God is not with us because if He was why would He allow this to happen.  Well guess what?  God is right there with us, He is picking us up and carrying us when can no longer put one foot in front of the other.  His word tells us to lean on Him, to gain strength from Him, to place our faith, hope and trust in Him.  

I have a plate that has this quote, "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!"
  

I pray that I learn to dance in the rain as I lean on God to bring me through what ever comes my way.  

It Is Well With My Soul
by Horatio G. Spafford


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
 
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment