Thursday, January 2, 2014

In The Garden

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.  Genesis 1:27

In my imagination I can see this beautiful garden that God created with every type of tree, flower and plant.  I can see all the spectacular colors of the rainbow.  Is it wonder that God would choose the rainbow as His sign of His covenant with man?  What a beautiful place to call home and can you imagine the beautiful fragrance, the aromas of all the plants and flowers.  Now can you imagine how Adam and Eve felt when because of their actions they were thrown out of this beautiful place?

Many years later there is another garden, a spiritual garden of prayer, and Christ is on His knees in prayer to His Father as He prepares to lay down His life for you and for me.

I pray that I won't ever be afraid to step into the Garden of Prayer and to turn my troubles over to Christ.  I pray that I will linger there and listen as Christ speaks to my heart and soul.




The Beautiful Garden of Prayer
Eleanor A. Schroll, 1920
There's a garden where Jesus is waiting,
There’s a place that is wondrously fair,
For it glows with the light of His presence.
’Tis the beautiful garden of prayer.

Oh, the beautiful garden, the garden of prayer!
Oh, the beautiful garden of prayer!
There my Savior awaits, and He opens the gates
To the beautiful garden of prayer.

There’s a garden where Jesus is waiting,
And I go with my burden and care,
Just to learn from His lips words of comfort
In the beautiful garden of prayer.

There’s a garden where Jesus is waiting,
And He bids you to come, meet Him there;
Just to bow and receive a new blessing
In the beautiful garden of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment