Monday, January 6, 2014

Our Prayer Requests

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.  
Psalm 5:3

Do you start your day with God and spend some quiet time with Him alone?  Do you lift up prayer petitions for those you love, for those in need and for yourself?  This is a goal I have set for myself this year as I want to spend time with God.  I want to sit quietly and listen to what He has to say to me.  I want to pray for my family, my friends and yes even for myself.  God's word tell me ask and I shall receive but there are times that I wonder if I am praying with the right attitude because I keep praying for the same thing.  Did I really give this to God and if I did why do I keep asking for the same thing.  I believe it is because God has placed it on my heart to keep asking, to keep on keeping on, and I need to start each of my prayer times with a thankful heart, thanking Him for what He has already done for my family and friends.  I believe that He will answer each one of my prayers in His time and I need to wait on Him.  I believe that when He doesn't answer right away He is working on me and the areas in my life that need to be changed.  I believe that when you tell someone you will pray for them do it right then and don't put it off.  I believe that when God places a name in your mind to stop right then and say a prayer and if you can give them a call.  God placed them on your heart for a reason.  I believe that by waiting I will/am becoming a stronger individual and my faith will continue to grow.

I Must Tell Jesus
by Elisha A. Hoffman

I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles;
He is a kind, compassionate friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.
Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior;
One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.
O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.


 

1 comment: