Friday, January 17, 2014

A Great Light


The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them.  Isaiah 9:2

There was a paragraph in my devotion that really spoke to me this morning; "Are you refusing to act on God's insight, insisting on pursuits that distract you from worshiping Him?  How we spend our time is but a habit, and habits can be changed, by repatterning our actions.  Walk in the light, as your Father intended."

This got me to thinking.  What do I spend my time on when I could be studying God's Word?  It just might be the time I spend playing computer games, surfing the net, time on Facebook, etc. when I should be doing something productive.  Maybe, just maybe, that is why I felt motivated to sign up for two online Bible studies.  Maybe God is leading me in this direction so I will be more grounded in His Word.

My prayer this morning is: Dear Father keep me grounded in your Word.  Give me the desire to seek and know you better.  Take my life and use me for Your purpose. Just as I know the sun will shine through the clouds, let your light will shine through me.  Amen

Send The Light
by Charles H. Gabriel, 1890

There's a call comes ringing o'er the
restless wave,
"Send the Light! send the Light!"
There are souls to rescue, there are
souls to save,
send the Light! send the Light!

Send the Light! the blessed gospel Light;
Let it shine from shore to shore!
Send the Light! the blessed gospel Light:
Let it shine for evermore.

We have heard the Macedonian call
today,
"Send the Light! send the Light!"
And a golden off'ring at the cross we lay
Send the Light! send the Light!

Let us pray that grace may everywhere
abound,
"Send the Light! send the Light!"
And a Christ like spirit everywhere be
found,
Send the Light! send the Light.!

Let us not grow weary in the work of
love,
"Send the Light! send the Light!"
Let us gather jewels for a crown above,
Send the Light! send the Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment