Saturday, January 11, 2014

His Light

"For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it."  Matthew 7:14

Why do we try to do things in our own power?  Things happen in life and we think we are doing just fine and feel we can accomplish any task that comes our way without help from anyone.  Then when we fail we want to know why?  Why can't I do something that simple without messing it up?  Did we try to do it on our own without including God?  Did we pray about it asking God for direction?

ASAP (Always say a prayer)!

Knowing the right answers and then taking them to heart is critical in our spiritual life.  God's word teaches us that no one comes to the Father except through Christ.  I pray that He gives me His light, that I may respond in all areas of my life the right way, and lean on Him for direction down the road of life.

I Need Thee Every Hour
by Annie S. Hawks & Robert Lowry

I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.

I need Thee, O I need Thee!
Ev’ry hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Saviour!
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour;
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.

I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

I need Thee every hour;
Teach me Thy will,
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfill.

I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment