Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Promises - Day 7

 
I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. 
Hebrews 8:12
 
If you are like me I don't think of myself as wicked.  I haven't killed anyone and I haven't stolen from anyone.  But guess what?  That little white lie I just told or that gossip I just said about my neighbor is a sin.  A sin is a sin no matter how big or how small and God sees them all.  I don't know about you but I don't want to be separated from God by my sins.  I want to spend eternity with Him!
 
In His Word He tells us that He will forgive us of our sins and oh what a blessing that is.  Because He not only forgives us but He forgets the sin we committed.  Our slate is wiped clean. This is His promise to us that will bring us peace and with this peace we are able to forgive those that have hurt us.  Oh what a loving Father we have that gives us the peace that refreshes our soul with His never ending love.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment