Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

 Today is Memorial Day and we celebrate the lives of America's Fallen Heroes.  It is a day that we stop and reflect on the lives of those that gave everything they had to give for the freedoms we enjoy today.  It is a day that we say Thank You for your bravery and the sacrifice you made.
 
My Uncle Lindsay was one America's Fallen Heroes. 
I never knew my uncle as he was killed in action at the Battle of the Bulge 1944.  It was men like him that fought during WWII and gave their last full measure of freedom to guarantee ours.
 
Yesterday my sweetie and I went to the cemetery to place flowers for my dad and my brother-in-law as they both served in the U S Navy and to thank them for their service to our country.
 

 
It was a surreal and emotional time as we looked around and took in the beauty of the flag of our great nation flying high and proud,  and all the flags placed for men and women that fought for our freedom and the freedom of other nations.
 

 
”There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
John 15:13
 
 
My sweetie and I want to say Thank You to all who have served and are now serving to keep our great nation the Home of the Free because of the Brave.  May God bless each of you and keep you safely wrapped in His loving arms. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment