Monday, May 20, 2013

Love, Mercy & Grace

 
 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  Psalm 23:6
 
This past weekend was something else.  Saturday morning I headed out to participate in the Exeter Relay for Life and my sweetie stayed home.  We had celebrated his birthday Friday and Saturday morning he was not feeling well.  I think we may have over done it a little Friday as he was still recuperating from the flu.  He called me and told me his temperature had start to spike so I came home and we spent Saturday evening trying to get his temperature down close to normal. I also put out a call for prayer warriors to pray for him on Facebook and his temperature did go down.  Yesterday morning he was feeling worse so we headed out to urgent care in Visalia.  Spent an hour there and then they fast tracked him into Kaweah Delta ER.  During our eight hours there he was on IV drip for hydration and antibiotics, lots of lab work, breathing treatments with the last test being a CT scan.  It was finally determined that he had pneumonia.  We came home with lots of medications and he was able to rest some last night.
 
Our God is awesome!  He had placed us right where he wanted us to be yesterday.  We met another couple who was there with their Mom, 87 years young, who had just found out a couple of weeks ago that she had bone marrow cancer.  While we were waiting we were able to minister to them, pray with them and them with us.  God always puts us in situations and places us exactly where he wants us.  We could have sat there, fretted and stew over what was going on with my sweetie's body, and missed the opportunity God had given us to witness to others.
 
Thank you for Father for your love and mercy.  Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to pray with others and using us as your instrument.
 
 
Lord Make Me An Instrument
by Walt Whitman
 
Lord make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
And where there is sadness, joy.


O divine master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive-
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment