Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day

Gary and I had a nice and relaxing New Years Eve.  We spent the evening watching a little TV and playing games which is not our normal thing to do.  Usually we are at the kids place and we spend New Years Eve hanging out together, watching the ball drop in Times Square and ending the evening  with a New Years Toast.  Then on New Years Day we head out to take our annual family portrait.  (We did get our family portrait taken on Christmas Eve)  After we get all the pictures taken we are then off to Starbucks and spend the rest of the day hanging out together.  This year we couldn't do our normal New Year traditions due to circumstances beyond our control.

Gary and I finally gave up on seeing the New Year in at 10:30 and went to bed and we both woke up this morning feeling refreshed.  I'm glad to say that I am feeling much better and today I actually felt like getting dressed.  So this morning I cooked us a really good breakfast; Maple Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Biscuits and Gravy.  Needless to say none of us were hungry for lunch.  So around 4:00 PM I headed to the kitchen to start dinner.  Being from the south, and in honor of my Mom, we had to have black eye peas with our dinner.  Our traditional New Years Day meal; Pork Loin Fillet Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Beans, Black Eye Peas, Hot Biscuits and Peach Crisp.  A lot of food for 3 people with lots of leftovers but I'm sure it will get eaten later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment