Monday, January 16, 2012

My Beautiful Mom!!!

This morning I actually got out of the house and went for a walk.  Today is the best I have felt in several weeks and I think I am actually going survive this cold, and to be able to breathe in the fresh air felt absolutely wonderful.  As I was walking my mind kept drifting back to the past several days.  My big brother L Z was here for a short visit and the four of us, Gary, L Z, Nellie and myself,  spent some time catching up on what is happening in every ones lives.  Although the visit was short it was really great to see him.  During these days I also spent a lot of time thinking about my Mom and how much I miss her.  Twenty-eight years ago my Mom left the cares of this world behind and went home to live with our heavenly Father.  Yesterday at church we sang a hymn that Mom loved to sing, I Need Thee Every Hour.  So as I was walking this morning I thought back to yesterday morning and how much I would have loved to have my Mom sitting with me and my baby sister Nellie at church.  But then I also got to thinking that she was there with us.  Oh her physical presence wasn't there but she was because she is alive in our hearts as she always will be.  And then I had another thought and that is she no longer has to be concerned about the cares of this world as our heavenly Father is taking really good care of her.  She has her mansion and is enjoying being there with Christ and all our loved ones that have passed on.

 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  John 14:2
Love you Momma!

Mansion Over the Hilltop

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below
A little silver and a little gold
But in that city where the ransomed will shine
I want a gold one that's silver lined

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk on streets that are purest gold.

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely
I'm not discouraged I'm heaven bound
I'm but a pilgrim in search of the city
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown

Written by Ira P. Stanphill
                       


1 comment: