Monday, January 23, 2012

Cleansed


We have had some rainy weather the last couple of days and it was/is rain that we very much need.  This has been a very dry winter and that is not good for the farming done around our little town of Exeter.  I love walking in the mornings as that is when the day is starting anew.  This morning the air was actually fresh as it had been cleansed by the rain.  The trees, shrubs, and grass had all been washed clean of the dust and pollen which is a really good thing for me (allergies).  The cleansed air reminded of when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.  You see, the blood He shed on the cross was for you and for me. 

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 
1 John 1:7  

He took the sins of the world upon His shoulders and paid a debt He did not owe.  His blood cleansed me of all my sin and now I am a new creation in Him.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
old things have passed away;
behold, all things have become new. 
 2 Corinthians 5:17

Also as I was walking along this morning I noticed these 3 little evergreen bushes.  For some unknown reason this past summer the water was turned off that nourished them.  They started turning brown, losing their leaves and dying.  Now that the water is back on and they are receiving nourishment they are sprouting green leaves.


Our souls are much like these bushes and need nourishment.  When we get our priorities all mixed up and don't feed on God's Word we too start to lose our faith.  Other things start to fill our lives and can end up destroying us.  We need to be in God's Word daily feasting on His Word.  We need to be memorizing scripture so that when the things of this world are hurled at us we can draw on God's Word to help us through any situation.

 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
 Blessed are You, O LORD!
Teach me Your statutes.
Psalm 119:110-112

Are you feasting on God's Word?





No comments:

Post a Comment