Monday, January 30, 2012

Joy of the Lord!!!


The joy of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10

What do you think of when you say the word joy?  I think happy thoughts and I want to be around happy people and their joy over flow onto to me.  What do you think of when someone refers to the joy of the Lord?  I think that Jesus will be my strength and His joy will live in my heart.  His joy and strength will get me through whatever trial comes my way.  He was always positive in everything He did and always prayed for God the Father's will in His life.  I want every person I come in contact with to see the joy of Jesus living in me, in my prayer life, in my walk and that I am an example of Christ's joy.  Here is an old hymn written by Barney Warren that speaks of that joy:

Joy Unspeakable
I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth ev'ry need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus' feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.
I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing! I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.
I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior's presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.
I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll!
It is like a great o'erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory,
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Oh, the half has never yet been told.


No comments:

Post a Comment