Thursday, May 5, 2011

Truth vs Lies, Part 2

My morning started off on the wrong note.  I did not sleep well last night so my husband was letting me sleep in.  Unfortunately today is yard day so the guys were here doing their mow, blow and go thing.  We have been sleeping with the french doors open as the evenings have been so gorgeous.  So I am awaken by the yard guy running the mower on the sidewalk right outside our bedroom.  We have repeatedly asked him not to do this as it throws the grass cuttings in the flower bed creating a problem with grass growing where you don't want it to.  About 2 weeks ago we had finally gotten all the grass and weeds pulled and laid down some ground cover bark to help keep the weeds down.  So this morning I asked him again not to run the mower in that area.  He turned off the mower and looked me in the eye and said I wasn't, see it is off.

How many times have we done the exact same thing?  We look someone in the eye and say "I didn't do it" when we know we did and we are.  All God asks us to do is to be truthful not only with ourselves but with everyone we come in contact with. 

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  James 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were woke up by that :( treat yourself to a nice nap and enjoy :) Love You

    ReplyDelete