Monday, May 23, 2011

Faith

What is faith to you?  My Momma had more faith than anyone I know but yet she worried.  She placed all her trust in God but she still worried.  My Momma was a very Godly woman but she still worried.  She prayed everyday for her children and grandchildren.  She knew where she was going to spend eternity but she so worried that some of us would not make right choices.  So she prayed and worried.  She taught us what was right and what was wrong.  She never missed the opportunity to share the love of Christ with us and with those she came in contact with.  In my younger years we would travel every year back to Arkansas to see my grandparents and there was always a Bible laying on the dash of the car.  Momma always said God was guiding our way which He did.  Some would say that she had a lack of faith because she worried and I would disagree.  She loved us, in spite of our faults and poor choices, without condemnation.  It was those choices which caused her to worry, turn us over to God and her faith increased daily as God moved in each of our lives.

Brothers and Sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy.  Encourage those who are timid.  Take tender care of those who are weak.  Be patient with everyone.  See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. 
1 Thessalonians 5:14-15


Sometimes I think we all need to be a little more like my Momma as worry will increase our faith daily as we turn it over to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment